My name is Shreeja Samadder. I’m from West Bengal, India.
I’ve loved reading since I was very young. My family, even though they’re not big readers like me, have always encouraged me to read. Especially my mom. She pushes me to be better, to write more. My sister helps me with making my bookish reels and also tolerates me ranting about books all day.
Books impact me a lot. They change me, they make me think in a different way. They give me respite from the every day troubles.
Some bookish quotes that I absolutely relate to are:
𝑆𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑠, 𝑠𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒Frank Zappa
𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑜𝑟𝑛 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ.Maud Casey
𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑤𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑛’𝑡 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠’ 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒. 𝑊𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑠. 𝑊𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑠.Anonymous
Some facts about me:
- I am 26. My birthday is on 15th June.
- I studied Psychology in college. Currently I’m changing careers. It’s a huge scary step.
- I can fluently speak 3 languages – English, Hindi and Bengali.
- I am a dog mom. I have a Doberman, his name is Nobel.
- I am not just a reader, I’m a collector. I love collecting beautiful hardcovers of my favourite books.
- I am half Bengali and half Punjabi. My Dad is a Bangali and my Mom Punjabi. Both of my cultures are similar but quite different. I prefer my mother’s side more.
- My favourite genre is Fantasy. I also love reading paranormal romances, rom-coms, and sci-fi. I don’t read a lot of thrillers but its a book by Dan Brown I’m reading it. I absolutely love his book. Angels and Demons is my favourite.
- My top 5 favourite authors are Sarah J Maas, Jennifer L Armentrout, Cassandra Clare, Erin Morgenstern and Tahereh Mafi.
- Apart from reading I have another hobby and that is cooking. I’m always looking for recipes online to make. I’m getting into baking now.
- Some of my favourite shows are Friends, NARUTO! I got into Anime last year and now I’m obsessed with it. Death Note was the first anime I watched, I need to do a rewatch soon. Sorry got off track.. getting back.. next are Big Bang Theory, GOT, Grey’s Anatomy, How I met your mother, Brooklyn 99, The Vampire Diaries, The Orignals.
Some more thing I can relate to
My reviewer profile can be seen here